Gift ideas for seniors who have moved into senior living
When parents move to senior living, it’s often a smaller space than their previous home. They may not need or have room for more decorative items. Here are some gift ideas that could be suitable for those in senior living:
- Subscriptions to magazines or streaming services.
- Comfortable clothing that is easy to put on and take off.
- Personal care items such as lotions, soaps, and shampoos.
- Technology such as tablets, e-readers, or smartphones to keep in touch with loved ones or stay engaged with the world around them.
- Items related to their hobbies and interests, such as books, puzzles, craft supplies, or board games.
- Sentimental gifts such as photo albums, framed pictures, artwork created by grandchildren or other family members, and scrapbooks showcasing memories and special moments.
- Food items that may not be available in their community, such as specialty teas, coffee, and snack items.
Thoughtful, personalized gifts that help them enjoy their leisure time and indulge in some pampering go a long way to making the move easier.